Azeeza Khan left her corporate job for the chance to pursue her dream of launching a women’s wear brand, which she did with just a $3,000 budget. Since launching, her store has been listed by Forbes as a top shopping destination in Chicago and Azeeza herself was named by Women’s Wear Daily as the city’s “it designer”.
Azeeza’s brand is a perfect combination of accessibility and luxury, so it’s no surprise that it’s a favorite among celebrities including Sarah Jessica Parker, stylists, and fashion-forward women. The line is now carried exclusively at Barney’s where it continues to sell out each season.
She runs her business like a tight ship with a lean team, all the while balancing being a mom of a toddler. In today’s podcast, she talks with Monica about her decision to quit her corporate job and take a chance on her own business, how her brand has evolved, and the importance of utilizing your network.
(And please be sure to leave me a Rating and Review!)
“It’s important to put yourself out there and represent yourself.” – Azeeza Khan
- How Azeeza made the transition from the corporate world to starting her own business
- When Azeeza learned to design
- What the day-to-day life is like
- Why you have to pursue your idea
- The importance of a good network
- How Azeeza’s brand has evolved
- The importance of attainable luxury to her brand
- What challenges she faces with the brand
- When Azeeza felt like her business was really working
- Why press needs to equal sales
- Do your research and set goals
“There’s so many new avenues of innovation that really benefit small businesses.” – Azeeza Khan
- Get your hands on some pieces from Azeeza’s clothing line
- Connect with Azeeza:
“It’s important to understand what is working for you, but then also applying freshness to it.” – Azeeza Khan