Like many of us, Rachel Drori was trying to fit healthy, nutritious meals into her busy life…but was frustrated by the lack of options. In 2015, Rachel decided to take matters into her own hands: She founded Daily Harvest, a direct-to-consumer brand blending health and innovation to send delicious superfoods straight to your freezer so you can prepare and enjoy them at your convenience.
The business is one of the fastest growing nutritional food brands in the U.S. With more than 100,000 subscribers, Daily Harvest delivers breakfast bowls, ice cream sundaes, and soups to freezers around the country.
Today on the podcast, Rachel and Monica talk about the importance of having a customer-centric business, how to attract high-profile investors early on, and Rachel’s plans to reshape how people think about frozen food.
(And please be sure to leave me a Rating and Review!)
“You don’t wake up and say, ‘Ok I’m going to push the entrepreneur button.'” – Rachel Drori
- The story behind Daily Harvest
- What is the modern eating dilemma
- Rachel’s business background
- What the early days of her company looked like
- The decision process of bringing on investors
- What was the tipping point for Daily Harvest
- How Daily Harvest works and where they deliver
- The team behind Daily Harvest
- How Rachel’s role at the company has changed
- What it’s like being a CEO with children
“Nothing goes out the door unless I’ve tasted it like fifteen times.” – Rachel Drori
“I like to think that I’m a better mother because I’m doing what I’m passionate about.” – Rachel Drori