Job: Monica + Andy Storyteller + Editor
Location: M+A Chicago Headquarters
What is Monica + Andy? We are a digitally native, organic baby and children’s brand that strives to make things better for parents and babies. And we are growing! Inspired by the birth of her daughter, our Founder Monica Royer created Monica + Andy to deliver softer organic fabrics, better-designed clothing and blankets, and a seamless, easy shopping experience for new parents. Thoughtfulness can be found in every design detail and extends to our in-store workshops and classes for new parents and babies. We do it because we care.
About the role: The Monica + Andy team is in search of an Editor and Storyteller to build our content into a go-to resource for pregnant women and parents. You are someone who gets things done, are resourceful and love problem solving. You thrive in collaborative environments where you can learn new things. Must have previous experience in managing an editorial content plan and developing and writing features. SEO content strategy knowledge and analyzing data is a plus.
About the role and what you’ll do:
- Work closely with Director to ideate, write and manage editorial content
- Create content that is new, honest, cutting edge and maintains our unique voice
- Generate unique and relevant story ideas for features and franchises, manage freelance writers, work with contributing experts to craft articles and build out monthly content calendar
- Edit all content submitted by freelance writers
- Work with Director and data analyst to ensure blog is meeting traffic and revenue goals
- Work with marketing team on special projects and initiatives
- Write copy as needed for any marketing needs
- Pitch at least 8-10 new story ideas weekly
- Ensure Monica + Andy is a leader in the parenting space by offering content that includes everything from product reviews and round-ups, real + influencer mom profiles and health + wellness articles
- Facilitate content ideas to pull from Monica + Andy customers and craft into compelling articles
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of relevant editorial experience
- Positive, intuitive/proactive, and collaborative team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superior judgment and discretion
- Knowledge in SEO content strategy
- Have experience multi-tasking across teams on many projects.
- Are confident in your ability to wear a lot of different hats
- Able to analyze content performance and adjust strategy accordingly
- Enjoy synthesizing and organizing information and data.
- Are a self-motivated problem solver.
- Have a love for and understanding of babies + children and the parenting space
- Love networking and able to secure interviews with key influencers
To be successful here you are:
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high volume team
- Someone who enjoys problem-solving in an ever-changing environment
- Inspired to push boundaries and be a thought leader
- Constantly brainstorming how to improve and evolve
The Monica + Andy Team..
- Values self-awareness, honesty, empathy and good energy!
- Work hard because we love what we’re doing, but also believe in balance.
- Love babies + kids. And the big people who come with them.
- Will back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package, challenging work, great coworkers and the opportunity to build something.
- Are excited to hear from you!
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org