Welcome to Mom’s the Word! We know you’re busy, so we’ve distilled this week’s top headlines in motherhood into this quick recap. Here’s all the news you need to know now:
- Bless her heart. Kiera Knightley just revealed that her three-year-old daughter, Edie, is still not sleeping through the night. She may not for a few more years, at least if she’s anything like her mama — Kiera admitted that she herself didn’t sleep well until age 6. The good news? Like most mamas, Kiera managed to shock herself with her ability to power through on little sleep.
- Some people use candy, Kim Kardashian uses makeup. The reality star shared a social media post featuring her daughter, North, rocking a full face. When confronted by the mommy shamers, she reportedly shared that it was a bribe to get her daughter out the door. Hey, whatever works.
- Goals! An ultramarathoner completed a 106-mile race (yes, really) at just three months postpartum. And she didn’t rest during a brief break: Instead, she held and fed her baby with one arm while pumping with the other. File this under: proof that moms are superheroes.
- A recent study found no link between taking extra doses of folic acid during pregnancy and a reduced risk of preeclampsia. Worried about the common pregnancy complication? Talk to your doctor to see if he or she can recommend a plan to bring down your risk.
- Who says you have to announce at 12 weeks? Carrie Underwood explained why she waited longer than most to reveal her pregnancy, and what finally led her to come clean about it — her growing baby bump.