Welcome to Mom’s the Word! We know you’re busy, so we’ve distilled this week’s top headlines in motherhood into this quick recap. Here’s all the news you need to know now:
- Could we be seeing another Kardashian baby soon? Kim and Kanye reportedly have one last embryo left (it’s a boy!)…and the couple may choose to pursue parenthood for the fourth time. Refresher: They just welcomed daughter Chicago via gestational surrogate seven months ago.
- A new study identified a surprising link between how parents interact with their children and the kids’ weight later in life. The big finding? Parents who really take the time to engage with their littles during playtime and encourage them to clean up afterward tend to raise kids to better regulate self-control and, in turn, have healthier BMIs.
- Robin Thicke and April Love Geary have announced they’re expecting baby number two just six months after having their little girl, Mia. April just shared some info about how this went down…and apparently, she was on birth control when she got pregnant again. But don’t worry! This doesn’t happen often.
- Talk about maternal instincts: A photo of a female police officer breastfeeding a hungry baby boy has gone viral. People are praising the mama for her compassion towards the little guy, and we’re right there with them.
- No birthing suite here! A mama went into labor after attending a wedding on a remote island off the shores of England…and because there was no midwife on duty to help deliver the baby, the Coast Gaurd prepped to fly the mom to a nearby hospital. Let’s just say the baby couldn’t wait to enter the world, and was born up in the air!