Welcome to Mom’s the Word! We know you’re busy, so we’ve distilled this week’s top headlines in motherhood into this quick recap. Here’s all the news you need to know now:
- A royal baby boom: We probably don’t have to tell you this, but Meghan Markle is pregnant! No word on a due date or the baby’s sex, but expect the littlest royal to arrive sometime in spring of 2019. Here’s the crazy part: Pippa Middleton actually gave birth to her first baby (it’s a boy!) on the day Meghan and Prince Harry’s big news broke. What are the odds?
- Want to raise non-materialistic kids? It’s possible, according to a new study. Researchers found that kids who were encouraged to write in gratitude journals appeared far less materialistic during observation. Could this simple move be the key to raise grounded and grateful children?
- Are you a parent of three? You need a massage, stat. According to a survey from TODAY, parents of three are more stressed than parents with any other number of kids. Even moms of four or more kids appeared to be less stressed out, according to the survey’s findings. Does this surprise you?
- New mom Cardi B is looking out for the kids — she just handed out free coats to a group of children at a housing project, saying “We’ve got to set a good example for the kids.” And as for her own little one? The rapper called motherhood “the best”. We’d have to agree!
- Fed is best. A brand new mom — who beat breast cancer thanks to a mastectomy and can’t breastfeed her daughter — just came up with a genius way to avoid questioning and criticism about her baby-feeding plans. Meghan Koziel is going viral for hanging a banner explaining her situation to the staff at her hospital. “Our miracle baby will be formula fed,” the banner read. “And it will not affect her future ahead.”